Mgr. Ľudmila Lacková, Ph.D.
Ľudmila is working in the field of linguistics, communication theory and semiotics. After her completion of the PhD program in double degree form (Bologna University and Palacký University-HI), she was awarded the Jacques Derrida award for the third best research in social sciences and humanities in Czech Republic. Ľudmila is associate editor for the journal Biosemiotics, published by Springer, and the editor in chief of the journal Linguistic Frontiers, published by De Gruyter Open Access.
She is editor and co-author of several monographs:
- Lacková Ľudmila; Bidaud Samuel (2021): Stručný průvodce jazyky Evropy. Olomouc: Palacky Unviersity,
- Kull, Kalevi et al. (2020) “Gatherings in Biosemiotics XX” Edited by Ľudmila Lacková, Claudio Rodríguez, Kalevi Kull (Tartu Semiotics Library 20). Gatherings in Biosemiotics XX. Tartu University,
- Vaculíková Petra; Jurka Michal; Lacková Ľudmila; Postlová Vratislava; Zmetáková Juliana; Földešiová Denisa; Pospěchová Zuzana; Dytrtová Monika; Rysová Martina (2015): Thematic-axiomatic nexus from various perspectives in different languages. Olomouc: Palacky University.
Selection of 5 most important scientific journal publications in last three years:
- Lacková, Ľ., Krivochen, D. (2020): Iconicity in syntax and the architecture of linguistic theory. Studies in Language 44(1), John Benjamins, 95-131, 10.1075/sl.19017.lac,
- Lacková, Ľ., Faltýnek, D. (2020): In the Case of Protosemiosis: Indexicality vs. Iconicity of Proteins. Biosemiotics, doi :10.1007/s12304-020-09396-7,
- Lacková, Ľudmila (2020): Folding of a Peptide Continuum. Semiotic Approach to Protein Folding. Semiotica, DOI:10.1515/sem-2018-0116,
- Lacková, Ľudmila (2019): Towards a Processual Approach in Protein Studies, Biosemiotics 2, 469–480, doi :10.1007/s12304-019-09370-y
Selected book chapters:
- Lacková Ľudmila (2019): Logic of Relatives as Syntax in the Genetic Code. In Bisanz, E.: Peirce Studies 10th Applied Interdisciplinary Peirce Studies. Peter Lang: Texas Tech University, pp. 189-204. https://doi.org/10.3726/b15697,
- Lacková, Ľudmila (2019): Quelques Remarques sur l'Usage du Terme "l'Arbitraire du Signe". In Beziau, J.Y.: The Arbitrariness of the Sign in Question, College Publications, pp. 283-294.
Peirce Institute for Studies in Pragmaticism, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
Department of Semiotics, University of Tartu, Estonia
Linguistics Department, University of Dijon, France
Department of Semiotics, Bologna University
The Institute of Linguistics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
School of Communication and Arts, University of São Paulo, Brasil
Full academic profile can be found at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ludmila-Lackova, video lectures can be found at https://upol.academia.edu/LudmilaLackova.